You can understand why Democrats don’t talk about the poor. With record-high poverty and an astronomical 46.7 million Americans on food stamps, the concern-for-the-little-guy party has nothing to say and no sympathy to express for these people. They are an inconvenient statistic for the former community organizer. Consider the magnitude of the problem. There are more Americans on food stamps than the entire populations of Florida, Illinois, Nevada and Michigan (using 2011 data).
Vice President Joe Biden tweeted an illustration Wednesday night showing off “the 5 key points of the Democratic Party platform” The image shows two hands stretching toward a U.S. flag icon. Each hand has six fingers.
Democrat, Incompetence, Character, Financial, Oops, Theft
The Democratic National Convention may be long over, but its organizers have not forgotten the almost half a million dollars worth of electronics they seem to have lost. Organizers of the Charlotte, N.C., convention have filed a police report for lost and stolen electronics, some of which they appear to have valued at as much as 62 times the listed market prices. A reportedly stolen 13-inch MacBook Pro laptop? $75,537. The price listed on the Apple website is $1,199. A lost iPhone? $30,503. A lost Blackberry? $54,250. The DNC did not respond to a request for comment.
Democrat, Incompetence, Financial, Funny, Oops, Metaphor, Debt
Last month’s Democratic National Convention ended up costing the DNC host committee a pretty penny. According to an Associated Press report, the DNC fell nearly $13 million short of its goal of raising $36.7 million for the Charlotte, N.C., event.
Democrat, Hypocrisy, Character, Racism, Oops, Smears
Here we go again. Yet another prominent member of Puerto Rico's PNP (Partido Nuevo Progresista) has uttered an offensive, racist remark, this time right in the middle of the Democratic National Convention. As Puerto Rican journalist Ada Alvarez reported on Twitter, Senator Lornna Soto referred to Puerto Rican Resident Commissioner Candidate Rafael Cox Alomar as "el monito" ("the monkey") at a DNC luncheon on Tuesday.
Democrat, Election, Incompetence, Funny, Brilliance, Oops, Metaphor, Ignorance
On the last night of the Democratic National Convention, a retired Navy four-star took the stage to pay tribute to veterans. Behind him, on a giant screen, the image of four hulking warships reinforced his patriotic message. But there was a big mistake in the stirring backdrop: those are Russian warships. While retired Adm. John Nathman, a former commander of Fleet Forces Command, honored vets as America’s best, the ships from the Russian Federation Navy were arrayed like sentinels on the big screen above. These were the very Soviet-era combatants that Nathman and Cold Warriors like him had once squared off against. “The ships are definitely Russian,” said noted naval author Norman Polmar after reviewing hi-resolution photos from the event. “There’s no question of that in my mind.”
Democrat, Incompetence, Oops
That huge image, visible in the Time Warner Cable Arena during speeches by Massachusetts Sen. John Kerry and retired Admiral John B. Nathman, also depicted a synchronized formation of jet aircraft that convention-goers assumed were American fighter planes. But the F-5 fighter planes in the photo are part of the air force of Turkey...
Democrat, Environmentalist, Hypocrisy, Liberal
• Recently released FBI files show that Kennedy rented out an entire Chilean brothel and met with Communists across Latin America -- and rubbed a few shoulders the wrong way in the process... • "But don't you realize — that's where I sail!"... • The document is a May 14, 1983 memo from KGB head Victor Chebrikov to his boss, the odious Soviet General Secretary Yuri Andropov, designated with the highest classification. It concerns a confidential offer to the Soviet leadership by Senator Kennedy. The target: President Ronald Reagan... • As Gaviglio enters the room, the six-foot-two, 225-plus-pound Kennedy grabs the five-foot-three, 103-pound waitress and throws her on the table. She lands on her back, scattering crystal, plates and cutlery and the lit candles. Several glasses and a crystal candlestick are broken. Kennedy then picks her up from the table and throws her on Dodd, who is sprawled in a chair.... • On the night of July 18, 1969, Kennedy drove his car off a bridge and into a pond on Chappaquiddick Island on Martha's Vineyard. He swam to safety leaving 28-year-old Mary Jo Kopechne, a campaign worker on brother Robert Kennedy's campaign. Her body was found in the submerged car 10 hours later.
Democrat, Liberal, Brilliance, Oops
• 'Folks, where's it written we cannot lead the world in the 20th century in making automobiles?," said Biden. • Vice President Joe Biden, speaking at a high school commencement ceremony in Virginia on Thursday, called the Arab Spring a “democratic movement”--on the same day that the Egyptian high court nullified the Islamist majority parliament and the Egyptian military assumed control of the legislature. • Vice President Joe Biden described former Saturday Night Live comedian, Sen. Al Franken, D-Minn., as a "leading legal scholar," presumably in the Senate, today. "He has been one of the leading legal scholars," Biden said of Franken today, according to the pool report. He also said that Franken "is deadly serious" as a senator. • "I mean, you got the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy," Biden said. "I mean, that's a storybook, man."
Hypocrisy, Liberal, Character, Racism, Oops, Academia
• Four outraged Cherokee activists who say Elizabeth Warren’s campaign has ignored their emails and phone calls will trek to Boston this week in hopes they can force a meeting with the Democratic Senate candidate over her “offensive” Native American heritage claims. “It’s almost becoming extremely offensive to us,” said Twila Barnes, a Cherokee genealogist who has researched Warren’s family tree. “We’re trying to get in contact and explain why her behavior hurts us and is offensive, and she totally ignores that. Like we don’t exist.” • "You built a factory out there? Good for you," she says. "But I want to be clear: you moved your goods to market on the roads the rest of us paid for; you hired workers the rest of us paid to educate; you were safe in your factory because of police forces and fire forces that the rest of us paid for. You didn't have to worry that marauding bands would come and seize everything at your factory, and hire someone to protect against this, because of the work the rest of us did."
Democrat, Liberal, Brilliance
Liberal, Hate, Character, Narrative, Protest
• House Majority Leader Steny H. Hoyer said Thursday he and Speaker Nancy Pelosi made a mistake when they called anti-health care protests "un-American" last year. • House Minority Whip Steny Hoyer (D-Md.) said on Tuesday that it may take as many as 20 years to balance the federal budget after years of deficit spending in Washington.
Democrat, Liberal, Funny, Oops, Crazy, Feminism
• House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D.-Calif.) told a recent gathering of the Women’s Political Committee that the spirits of suffragists Susan B. Anthony, Elizabeth Cady Stanton and Alice Paul spoke to her at the White House. Pelosi said she heard them say: “At last we have a seat at the table”. • House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D., Calif.) refused to answer questions about Senate Democrats paying their female staff members less than male staffers on Thursday. She may have ducked the question because a Washington Free Beacon analysis shows she pays the women on her staff $26,606 less per year on average. • If the US Airforce did all airline food, it would be strawberries dipped in dark chocolate and grilled chicken salads all round. Unfortunately this luxury is reserved for top US politicians alone, as new documents detailing Nancy Pelosi's travel expenses reveal. • "It is my understanding there are no G-5s available for the House during the Memorial Day recess. This is totally unacceptable . . . The speaker will want to know where the planes are," a Pelosi aide wrote in an angry e-mail to the military. • House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi on Thursday credited the late Sen. Edward Kennedy (D-Mass.) with driving the success of the Democrats' healthcare law – even from his grave. "I knew that when he left us he would go to heaven and help pass the bill," Pelosi told reporters in the Capitol. "And now he can rest in peace. His dream for America's families has become a reality."
The press, even liberal commentators, admitted that Obama had bombed. Sure, there were bitter-enders who claimed all was fine, but the cable TV talking heads and the vast majority of columnists were brutally honest. MSNBC personalities were downright glum.
Democrat, Liberal, Racism, Brilliance
• Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid had to backpedal and apologize very quickly for a private conversation he had with Barack Obama during Obama's presidential campaign. In the discussion, Reid stated that Obama could be a successful candidate because he is "light skinned" and that he speaks with "no Negro dialect, unless he wanted to have one." • Clean, Green Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid rolled up to the Clean Energy Summit in Las Vegas, Nevada last week. . . in a fleet of giant SUVs. The Heartland Institute reports that while the Senate Majority Hypocrite "and other high-profile environmental activists blasted carbon-based fuels at the Reid-sponsored summit, Reid and other bigwigs were caught on film driving to and from the summit in several SUVs." • Jon Stewart ridiculed Senate Majority leader Harry Reid last night for accusing Mitt Romney of not paying any taxes for 10 years. “Here’s a rule of thumb, if you have to follow your claim with the words, ‘I don’t know if this is true’ then shut up.” Stewart said, comparing Reid to Donald Trump.
Democrat, Liberal, Character, AntiAmerican
• Sen. Richard J. Durbin (D-Ill.) yesterday offered a tearful apology on the Senate floor for comparing the alleged abuse of prisoners by American troops to techniques used by the Nazis, the Soviets and the Khmer Rouge, as he sought to quell a frenzy of Republican-led criticism. • WASHINGTON--Sen. Dick Durbin (D-Ill.) told me Tuesday the folks protesting President Obama's health care overhaul at town halls hosted by Democrats are "tea baggers"
Democrat, Crime, Character, Oops
The other event was George Stephanopoulos' book. Here is Clinton undone not just by his accusers and paramours but by his closest aides. They now suggest that he is unfit to be president. Stephanopoulos says he would not have helped elect Clinton had he known then what he knows now. Mike McCurry, asked by the BBC about Clinton's fitness to be president, said, "I have enormous doubts."
A few items from the 42nd president's resume:
• Impeachment by the U.S. House of Representatives
• The payment of a $90,000 fine for lying under oath in a federal court
• The payment of $850,000 to settle an allegation of sexual harassment
• The payment of a $25,000 fine and the suspension for five years of his license to practice law in Arkansas
• Permanent expulsion from the bar of the U.S. Supreme Court (Thanks to Peter Robinson, Ricochet) • After congressional Republicans discovered that the Clinton personnel security office improperly collected some 700 background FBI files of Republicans -- including former Secretary of State James A. Baker, former National Security Advisor Brent Scowcroft and former spokesman Marlin Fitzwater -- many in Washington thought the Clinton White House faced its most serious ethical crisis yet. • Dec 1998 Text from the Democratic censure resolution: Be it resolved that; 1. The President made false statements concerning his reprehensible conductwith a subordinate; 2. The President wrongly took steps to delay discovery of the truth 3. No person is above the law, and the President remains subject tocriminal and civil penalties for this conduct; 4. William Jefferson Clinton, President of the United States, by his conduct has brought upon himself and fully deserves the censure and condemnation of the American people and the Congress; and by his signature on this Joint Resolution, the President acknowledges this censure.
• Sen. Patty Murray intended to be provocative when she told a group of high school students terrorist leader Osama bin Laden is popular in poor countries because he helped pay for schools, roads and even day care centers. • Sen. Patty Murray says that if Congress had more women, there might be a plan in place to deal with the nation's $15 trillion debt. While the supercommittee that she helped lead failed last month in its bid to offer a $1.2 trillion deficit-reduction plan, Murray says, "It may have come out very differently" if she hadn't been the only woman on the 12-member panel.
Hate, Incitement, Union, Violence, Character, Threats
• In Illinois, Trumka told UMW members to “kick the s**t out of every last” worker who crossed his picket lines, according to the Nashville (Ill.) News.
Democrat, Crime, Sex, Degeneracy, Scandal
"I hope by next year we'll have abolished Fannie and Freddie ... it was a great mistake to push lower-income people into housing they couldn't afford and couldn't really handle once they had it."... Mr. Frank, an acknowledged homosexual, has admitted paying Mr. Gobie once in 1985 for sex and using his influence to help Mr. Gobie obtain a parole resulting from a 1982 arrest. But he has denied knowing that Mr. Gobie was using his apartment for prostitution
Democrat, Liberal, Incompetence, Obama, Character, Brilliance, Oops, Economy
• "We've created 4.3 million jobs over the past 27 months. The private sector is doing fine," said Obama. • Mr. Medvedev replied, “Yeah, I understand. I understand your message about space. Space for you…” “This is my last election,” Mr. Obama said. “After my election, I have more flexibility.” The Russian leader responded, “I understand. I transmit this information to Vladimir.” • "We’re the country that built the Intercontinental Railroad," Barack Obama. • "The point I was making was not that my grandmother harbors any racial animosity, but that she is a typical white person. If she sees somebody on the street that she doesn't know (pause) there's a reaction in her that doesn't go away and it comes out in the wrong way." • "Shovel-ready was not as ... uh .. shovel-ready as we expected." The Council, led by GE's Jeffrey Immelt, erupted in laughter. • On this Memorial Day, as our nation honors its unbroken line of fallen heroes – and I see many of them in the audience here today • President Obama pronounced "corpsman" as "corpse man" twice in the same address. This mispronunciation has caused quite a bit of ridicule about a man who ascended to the presidency based upon his rhetorical skills.
Democrat, Character, Fraud, Oops, Smears, Lie, Jobs
The Democratic National Convention on Wednesday featured three speakers billed as “former employees of companies controlled by Bain Capital.” They each told compelling stories about jobs lost, allegedly because of the actions of Bain under Romney’s leadership. But it turns out one of those employees never actually worked for a company controlled by Bain Capital. David Foster was supposedly one of those former employees on the convention schedule. He told the story about 750 steelworkers who lost their jobs when the Bain-controlled company GST steel filed for bankruptcy in the early 1990s.
Democrat, Election, Character, Degeneracy
Thankfully, the Democrats made it very easy for me to find a hook upon which to hang my book plugging today. As a Yale student, I was offered all kinds of condoms, battery-powered sex gadgets, and even porn on DVD (courtesy of corporate porn-industry sponsors) as part of the "Safe Sex" programs on campus. The instructors even showed us how to find porn online because, you know, that's SO difficult for Ivy League students to figure out. -Nathan Harden, Ricochet
Democrat, Election, Character, Fraud, Oops
Check out this photo, taken as the DNC chair took a vote on Wednesday, asking delegates to vote on re-adding language on God and Jerusalem to the party’s platform. Although the crowd seemed to not reach the two-thirds majority needed to affirm the vote, the chair did so anyways. Now, it appears that the result was already forecast, planted in the prompter prior to the vote ever taking place.
Democrat, Character, Immigration
It was a short speech, but when Benita Veliz stepped up to the lectern at the Democratic National Convention, she made history. The 27-year-old from San Antonio became the first illegal immigrant to address a national political convention.
Democrat, Character, Drugs
Former Obama administration official Steven Rattner said on MSNBC that Jennifer Granholm "must have had some medications or something in her system" when she addressed the Democratic convention last month. "I worked with her," said Rattner, formerly President Obama's car czar. "That's not the Jennifer Granholm I knew, let's put it that way. She must have had some medications or something in her system."